Keeping your air conditioning appliance in decent shape can save you more than cash and time, it can save your sanity. Imagine relaxing at home comfortably and suddenly in the dead of winter, your warmth siphon falls flat. There’s nothing worse than getting stuck in the cold with only your blankets keeping you warm.
To keep your hardware working at top effectiveness and to help guarantee longer convenience, HVAC specialists suggest at least two visits each year to perform preventive upkeep on your framework. Preventative maintenance at home is important to keep your HVAC system running smoothly.
Much the same as with your car warming and cooling system, proper maintenance helps keep your home HVAC system working dependably, securely, and at top proficiency. Besides, you’ll have genuine feelings of serenity as you know that your system won’t break down when you need it most.
Let’s look at the HVAC system maintenance checklist to keep your system in tip-top condition.
HVAC System Maintenance Checklist Includes
- Check automatic controls
- Clean burners
- Adjust combustion for fuel efficiency
- Lubricate as needed
- Check for combustion leaks
- Check safety shut-off responses
- Test blower belt wear, tension, and alignment
- Check flue for good operation and venting
- Replace standard one-inch filter
2. Air Conditioner
- Clean condenser coil if needed
- Test electrical connections for tightness
- Adjust system for optimum efficiency
- See for oil and refrigerant leaks
- Check blower belt wear, tension, and alignment
- Test expansion valve and coil temperatures
- Clear the drain line
- Replace evaporator pad
- Check operation
- Test controls and damper for proper settings
4. Electronic Air Cleaner
- Check cells
- Check cells for good electrical connection